My sweet little boy just turned three! Click the link above to see photos of him in his third year. Not all of the photos are taken by me. You will see some snapshots I’ve put in to show some of the things he’s done this past year! You can tell from some of my recent photos that he currently is into boats and fishing!
I am finally continuing to blog a more of my slides from my portrait photography class that I has in Silt, Colorado. It was a class more specifically on lighting for portraits but I gave my top composition tips. Number 2 of my composition tips is to make sure you think before you take a photo and double-check you background. In my example above you can see where I have intentionally taken a bad photo. So many of us do this. This tip may seem obvious- but some many of us…even professionals sometimes forget to double-check your background. So I have placed this girl directly in front of a tree so it looks like she has antlers growing out of her head- not the most attractive! In addition I have everything in focus. So to make this photograph better I had the girl take a couple steps over to the side and I shot wide open with a large aperture (f 1.4) to make the background go out of focus and make sure the focus was on my beautiful model! You can also increase the distance from background to your model to help create blur and separation from your subject. When you use some of these techniques it increases your ability to use almost anywhere as a backdrop!
If you are not familiar with some of the basic terms in photography or could use a little refresher about aperture, shutter speed, ISO… I’ve been working on doing a Photography Basics class at the Rifle Library but they had a change in managers before it got finalized and now is my busy season but stay tuned! I will be having another photo class in Rifle or Silt, Colorado soon… maybe after the holidays. I will keep you posted!
I am looking for a few well-rounded, outgoing, active students to represent the class of 2013. As a senior model you will be a representative for Ashley Mickelson Photography. Your session will be featured on my website, blog, Facebook and other related marketing materials.
What you get:
- Complimentary Senior Portrait Session- unlimited outfits and locations. Session must be done before August 13, 2012
- Designer Rep Cards with your image to pass out to your friends
- Discounts on photo session and/or prints for friends and family
- For every rep card or promo card redeemed from your friends, you will receive $25 towards prints and other products
- Facebook images
- You must be a full-time student graduating from high school in 2013.
- Have your senior portraits done exclusively with Ashley Mickelson Photography
- As most of our models are under 18, I require one of your parents to review the program with us and sign a model release/waiver.
- Represent Ashley Mickelson Photography by appearing on her website, blog, Facebook and other marketing materials for Ashley Mickelson Photography.
- Be outgoing and willing to share your experience and images with everyone.
Send Ashley Mickelson Photography a message via Facebook or email including:
- your name
- high school you attend/graduation year
- what activities you’re involved in
- why you think you should be chosen as this year’s model
If you are a good candidate for an interview I will contact you. Only two models per high school will be chosen. I’m looking for senior models attending any of the high schools in Garfield County. Act fast! Application Deadline: August 4, 2012.