This past weekend I got to take pictures at Rifle Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Event. This year’s theme was Classic Movies. The guests were wearing some pretty unique costumes. We had everything from Audrey Hepburn to the Ghostbusters. Dan and I had a great time photographing the people and the event. Here’s some of the details from the night:
This is some of the table decorations. The event was held in the new wing of Grand River Hospital. I just love the way glass reflects everything in the bottles- so pretty!Here’s some of the delicious food provided by the Grand River Hospital Catering. It was delicious! I had to go beg for some because the food was all put away by the time I took a break. They were so kind to bring me out a hot plate of food. Dan has always told me that the hospital actually has really good food and it is true.They had so many items on the silent auction from floral arrangements to parenting classes. I believe the Chamber said this was the most donations they have received since years past. They also had a live auction for DJ services to lunch for your office with the Chamber Girls- (which went for almost $1000).
They had many different celebrities there as well. I had to get a snapshot with John Wayne! Good times!
I just got the Nikon 50 mm 1.4 lens and am so excited. I took a couple of test shots of my little boy and his friend playing in the backyard this morning. I’m so used to being able to zoom; this lens will take a little bit of getting used to. I can’t wait to try it out tomorrow night at Rifle Chamber of Commerce’s event.
So I just started this new blog- that’s why it looks so bare. Also, feel free to check out my new website http://www.ashleymickelsonphotography.com.
My husband, Dan and I just got back from a fun week in Las Vegas at the WPPI (Wedding and Portrait Photographers International) Convention. I enjoyed learning from other photographers and checking out all the cool photography equipment at the vendor fair. We didn’t really do too much in Las Vegas besides the photography convention and eat. We did get to eat a ton of delicious food.
One of my favorite restaurants that we tried was called Firefly: Tapas Kitchen and Bar. We loved this place! Tapas are kind of like appetizers they’re of the Spanish and mediterranean cuisine. Firefly has lots of options on their menu and since they’re smaller portions you can sample many different meals. My favorites were the sliders and the chicken kababs in a garlic cream sauce! I’m ready to go back. We actually did eat there twice in the short time we were there- sampling other menu items we neglected the first time.
Another one of my favorite restaurants was Marrakech: This restaurant serves you with a 6 six-course Moroccan meal. They start off by washing your hands in this lavender water. A little tip we learned is don’t eat the whole loaf of bread with the first course, because they’ll bring you more and you’ll eat more and not have room for a the yummy food. This place was nicely decorated and had live belly dancers for entertainment. Such a fun place!
We are looking for a few well-rounded, outgoing, active students to represent the class of 2012. As a senior model you will be a representative for Ashley Mickelson Photography. Your session will be featured on my website, blog, Facebook and other related marketing materials.
What you get:
- Complimentary Senior Portrait Session- unlimited outfits and locations. Session must be done before April 24, 2011 and order placed by September 30, 2010
- Designer Rep Cards with your image to pass out to your friends
- Discounts on photo session and/or prints for friends and family
- For every rep card or promo card redeemed from your friends, you will receive $25 towards prints and other products
- Free web-sized images for your Facebook page
- You must be a full-time student graduating from high school in 2012.
- Have your senior portraits done exclusively with Ashley Mickelson Photography
- As most of our models are under 18, I require one of your parents to review the program with us and sign a model release/waiver.
- Represent Ashley Mickelson Photography by appearing on her website, blog, Facebook and other marketing materials for Ashley Mickelson Photography.
- Be outgoing and willing to share your experience and images with everyone.
Send Ashley Mickelson Photography a message via Facebook or email including:
- your name
- high school you attend/graduation year
- what activities you’re involved in
- why you think you should be chosen as this year’s model
If you are a good candidate for an interview I will contact you. Only two models per high school will be chosen. Application Deadline: March 28, 2011.